The Black Eagle Brewery was founded around 1840 and registered as B.C.Bushell and Co Ltd in 1894.
W.F.Watkins & Son operated the Swan Brewery in Westerham.
The Sevenoaks Brewery was founded in 1830 and was known as Alfred Smith & Co.
The company became Bushell, Watkins Ltd in 1897 and Bushell, Watkins & Smith Ltd in 1899 as a result of two mergers. Brewing was concentrated at the Black Eagle Brewery. The company was acquired in 1948 by Taylor Walker of Limehouse when 102 public houses were owned. Brewing continued until 1965.