The Pale Ale Brewery was first established in 1862 by George Ware. His sons joined the company in 1887. It was first registered in 1925, so all these labels are later than that. The namewas changed from Frant Brewery to Pale Ale Brewery at that time. Acquired by J W Green of Luton, through it’s subsidiary, E & H Kelsey of Tunbridge Wells in 1950.