According to records there was a brewery at or near the site from very early days, although the existence of the Marlow Brewery can only be traced back to the 18th Century. The company was registered in 1899 and acquired by Strong & Co of Romsey in 1949. The companies traded separately although the fact that Strong’s were in control was apparent in the labels and other advertising. Brewing ceased in 1988 as Whitbread Wethereds Ltd and final closure came three years later. We have assumed that the jug trademark was used from the 1930s onwards and labels without the jug date from before that. Can anyone help?