The Brewery on High Street, Burton has enjoyed a rich and colourful history. Thomas & Henry Wilder were the first owners and traded as Wilders’ Burton brewery Co. In 1858 it was re-registered as Burton Brewery Co Ltd and soon became the 3rd largest brewery in Burton. Despite significant expansion towards the end of the 19th century, the company went into voluntary liquidation in 1906, sold the brewery to Worthington in 1915, but retained the pubs and trade accounts. Finally acquired by Ind Coope in 1927.