International Society of Label Collectors & British Brewery Research
  
  
  
Labology Logo

George Shaw & Co Ltd

The brewery was founded at the beginning of the 19th century and first registered as the Bedford Brewing & Malting Co Ltd in 1866; Bedford being a suburb of Leigh. William Shaw was brewer and manager and later owner of the brewery and his son George inherited the company in 1899. The name was changed to George Shaw and Co Ltd in 1902. In 1931, when they owned about 300 pubs, the company was bought by Walker Cain Ltd, brewing had ended by 1933.

Bitter Ale

Dinner Ale

Extra Stout earlier issue

Extra Stout Later issue

India Pale Ale

Tenpenny earlier issue

Tenpenny early variation

Tenpenny later issue

Tenpenny, half pint

Previous