International Society of Label Collectors & British Brewery Research
  
  
  

Long & Co (Southsea) Ltd

The Southsea Brewery was founded 1814 and passd into the Long family in 1839. First registered in 1924, which provides good dating evidence for some labels and taken over by Brickwood & Co in 1933. The brewery was closed in 1934, and such was the reputation of Long’s beers, the name was used by Brickwoods for some time afterwards.

Oatmalt Stout 1900s

Luncheon Stout 1920s

Light Bitter Ale pre 1924

Stout pre 1924

Bitter Beer 1920s

Stopper label pre 1924

Longs Light Bitter Ale pre 1933

Oatmalt Stout pre 1933

Gold Cup Ale pre 1933

Gold Cup Ale Brickwood Brew

Light Bitter Ale pre 1933

Light Bitter Ale Long Brew post 1933

Bitter Ale pre 1933

Bitter Ale Long Brew post 1933

First Prize Stout pre 1933

First Prize Stout post 1933

Oatmalt Stout Brickwood Brew

Light Bitter Ale Brickwood brew

Dinner Ale Brickwood Brew

Previous

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *