International Society of Label Collectors & British Brewery Research
  
  
  

Shanklin Brewery Co Ltd

The brewery was previously owned by a Frank Saunders of Coppin’s Brewery, Newport and Herbert Hoare, when it was known as H. Hoare & Son. The brewery was registered as the Shanklin Brewery Co Ltd in 1944. They owned no tied houses, but continued to supply a small number of off licences, local farmers and farm hands and in the early days private houses. The brewery closed in 1953, unable to compete with national brewers.

Hoare's Shanklin Ale

Old English Ale

Chine Ale

Chine Nut

Special Barley Ale

Special Barley Ale

Special Barley Wine

Battleship Brown Ale

Battleship Export

Battleship Light Ale

Previous