International Society of Label Collectors & British Brewery Research
  
  
  

Hereford & Tredegar Brewery

c 1850 Charles Watkins moved into the Imperial Inn, which had a brew house attached. Around 1858 he purchased the Hereford Brewery in Bewell Street, which he renamed the Imperial Brewery. On retiring in 1898, he sold the business to the Tredegar Brewery Co. registered as the Hereford & Tredegar Brewery in 1899. Under the control of Samuel Allsopp & Sons Ltd. from 1899-1902 and was acquired by the Cheltenham Original Brewery Co. Ltd. in 1945. After closure in 1947, a new company was formed, Cheltenham & Hereford Breweries Ltd and brewing ceased in 1960. The buildings were demolished in the early 1960s, apart from Bewell House, the former brewery offices.

 

Hereford & Tredegar Imperial Dinner Ale

 

Hereford & Tredegar Dinner Stout

 

Hereford & Tredegar Imperial Extra Stout

 

Hereford & Tredegar Extra Stout (v1)

 

Hereford & Tredegar Guinness Extra Stout

 

Hereford & Tredegar Imperial Nut Brown

 

Hereford & Tredegar Imperial Pale Ale

 

Hereford & Tredegar Imperial Stout

 

Hereford & Tredegar Nut Brown (v1)

 

Hereford & Tredegar Old Hereford Strong Ale (v1)

 

Hereford & Tredegar Hereford Pale Ale (v1)

 

Hereford & Tredegar Old Hereford Strong Ale (v2)

 

Hereford & Tredegar Crystal Malt Ale

 

Hereford & Tredegar Imperial Stout cap strap

 

Hereford & Tredegar Blue Spot Sparkling Pale Ale

 

Hereford & Tredegar Pale Ale (v2)

Hereford & Tredegar Dinner Ale (v1)

Hereford & Tredegar Dinner Ale (v2)

Hereford & Tredegar Nut Brown (v2)

Hereford & Tredegar Extra Stout

Previous