Very pleasing to have had a few comments recently and this should bring a few more. The Mortlake Brewery was bought by Charles Phillips in 1852 and soon afterwards was transferred to a partnership between Phillips and James Wigan. At that time output from the brewery was less than 5% of that of London’s largest brewers. The Phillips and Wigan partnership lasted until 1877 when Wigan bought a brewery in Bishops Stortford. This dates this label quite well. The brewery finally closed in 2015, sparing it any further, the indignity of brewing Budweiser.